Everyone loves this time of year! Dress up as your favorite character, animal, ghost or ghoul and join together with friends and family for food, drinks and a fun night. If you have children, they will have the most fun going from house to house collecting all types of candy, sugar and gum. Make this year a fun and safe beggars night with your children by following our simple tips and tricks.
1. Never trick-or-treat by yourself, always stay with at least one other person (The more costumes the better!).
2. Don’t eat your candy until you get home and check for any unwrapped pieces, tampered candy, or candy not in its original wrapper.
3. Set a route to follow, and if possible stay on sidewalks and paths that you are familiar with.
4. Have colorful and reflective costumes. The more costumes and colors in your group will allow you to stay well lit and not fade into the darkness when the sun goes down.
5. Avoid masks if possible. Masks can cause discomfort and make it hard for children to see and breathe. Try using non-toxic make-up to finish a child’s costume.
8. Finally, have fun and stay safe!
Grove City this year will have its trick-or-treat beggars night on October 30th, 2014 at 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. You will have a fun and safe time this Halloween if you follow our 8 simple tips for when you go trick-or-treating.